If you subscribe to the 80/20 rule (surf 80% of the time and paddle flat water recreation and fitness the other 20% of the time), then the Recon 11.4 is a great board for you. This board is fun and versatile. The 11.4 is designed for the person that’s looking for more of a classic longboard feel. It is longer than the than the Recon 10.4 so you have performance with great turning capability. Step forward and get toes-on-the-nose with its full, fun shape nose. If the waves are flat, you can still take this Recon for a good flat water cruise.